Wednesday, August 15, 2012

{Chicago} The Windy City


A fun post by our Chicago Creative Strategist, Raquel, on her love for The Windy City.




"The other day I set up our pop-up shop at one of my favorite boutiques in Chicago, Cerato Boutique, located in the Southport Corridor of Lakeview, the neighborhood in which I live. Owner, Tracey Glibowski has a great sense of style and fills her fresh, modern boutique with local design talent and independent labels. Be sure to stop in and catch our pieces that will be displayed until August 20th.


The tree lined streets of the Southport Corridor is home to many great boutiques, bars and restaurants. One of my favorite places to brunch is Southport Grocery and Cafe. 


Everything here is fresh and made-from-scratch, it's no wonder there's a wait list on the weekends, especially to sit on their patio. They also sell locally produced fine food groceries. I love ending my meal with their salted caramel ice cream.

Just around the corner of Southport is Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs. 


The Wrigleyville area during game days can be a lot of fun but only if I'm participating. Otherwise, I try to avoid the crowds at the over 35 bars there where it's acceptable to act like you're in your college glory days. 

Down the street from Wrigley Field is Sheffield's Chicago, where my friends and I enjoy spending our down time. 


This laid back spot features a beer garden, over 50 beers on tap, 18 hour smoked BBQ, and 3 indoor bars with different vibes in each room. You can find me on a random tuesday sporting a baseball cap in the corner, or a saturday dressed in my favorite outfit of the season requesting my favorite songs.

Heading towards the lake in Lakeview, you will run into Boystown, where one of the largest Pride Parades in the nation happens every year here. 


This year around 850,000 people attended this event in all their glittery, colorful, costume glory! Once in a while you might find me dancing the night away at a LGBT bar with friends who live in this area!

Finally, one of my ultimate favorite places to go in Lakeview is Belmont Harbor on Lake Michigan. 


I am lucky to have amazing, fun friends (I actually met a few years back at a Cubs game!) who own a boat that's docked here. There's nothing like being on the water surrounded by close friends and sky scrapers. These are just a few of the many reasons why I love living in Chicago."

No comments:

Post a Comment