Monday, January 23, 2012
1) start with one easy basic piece and layer from there. whether its a nice solid dress, skinny jeans, a comfy sweater - effortless doesn't have to look frumpy.
2) use a stylish bag - hardware makes a big impact - especially if its gold which always looks luxe. Think of how classy a chanel bag looks with the signature gold chain straps. Or for the hot mamas out there who need a big bag to lug baby's diapers, snacks, toys, etc, gold studs, zippers, buckles on a large satchel always look good
3) pick what flatters - if you are top heavy, you don't want to choose a big flowy/slouchy top, instead focus on great skinny jeans. If you are curvy, use a structured boyfriend blazer. Nothing pulls your look together the way a blazer does.
4) Try a pop of color - add a deep jewel toned color in the winter or a fun bright color in the warmer months to make an impact. We like to add our pops of color with accessories. Whether its a great bright necklace, a cute pair of shoes, or a bright colored bag.
5) Pay attention to your shoes - Shoes are usually an after thought as we run out the door. And choosing the wrong ones can really ruin an outfit. Make sure they are comfortable. Don't buy those sky high shoes that you can't walk in. Who are you kidding? You'll spend all this money on those shoes and they'll just end up staying in the box because you know you'll be in pain when you wear them. Invest in comfortable stylish shoes. Our go to shoes are nude pumps - they elongate the legs and go with any outfit. Our other go to shoes are great flats that have a beautiful jewel at the top. They really make a statement